Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

What a Catch - June Scrap The Boys Challenge

Hope everyone is doing well this weekend. Today Im sharing with you my layout I created for Scrap The Boys this month. The challenge was to create a layout using a photo 5x7 or bigger.
I decided to use an 8x10 for my layout. Ive never used a photo of that size before, so it was a real challenge, but I really like the end result
 (and so does Andrew!)

What a Catch 

This layout started with a blank piece of white cardstock. I loved the black and red from the photo and thought a pop of red here and there would look good.
I started by using some Dylusions and randomly sprayed Slate Gray over the white cardstock.
Next I made splats using my Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Black Slate.
I then used my Prima Stencil to crete the chevron pattern using white texture paste.
I was going to stop there but felt it needed something more and decided to use one of my kaiser background stamps and Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink.
The edges looked a little plain so I ripped Brick patterned Washi Tape and stuck that all around the edge as a border.
Next i grabbed cordinating Washi tapes and stuck them down, matted my photo on red and used a border punch along the top and stuck that down...embellished using a Purple Pumpkin round, a seahorse charm from My2Angels, Scrapmatts chipboard, Thickers, Motex, and a Flair Button from Greatest View!

This is a close up of the embellishment cluster I created...

Thanks for looking, dont forget there is still plenty of time to create and enter the Scrap The Boys challenge for this month!

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment